What is UACES Scholarships for International Postgraduate Students all about
The University Association for Contemporary European Studies (UACES) is pleased to offer four UACES Scholarships and two UACES-JMCT Scholarships.
These are competitive base programs open to postgraduate students from all nationalities to research in any area of contemporary European Studies.
Why study with the UACES programs?
UACES is a global membership organization. It is designed for academics, students and practitioners who are interested in all aspects of Europe and the European Union.
The mission of the UACES is to advance education for the public benefit through the promotion of teaching and research in contemporary European Studies.
Brief Description of the scholarship
University: UACES (University Association for Contemporary European Studies)
Course Level: Research
Award: 1,500 GBP each
Countries: There is no restriction on nationality.
Courses: The program is available to undertake research in any area of contemporary European Studies.
Criteria: The applicants must meet all the following criteria for both the UACES Scholarship and UACES-JMCT Scholarship.
- Students who are looking for funding to enroll in a postgraduate course are not eligible to apply
- Applicant must be a UACES Student member. Note that membership of the EuroResearch email list or attendance at UACES Graduate Forum events does not constitute the membership of UACES
- Your research project must be in the ‘Contemporary European Studies’ subject area (we define ‘Contemporary’ as post-WW2, and ‘European Studies’, as typically, but not exclusively, an aspect of European Integration or related areas)
- Candidate must be a postgraduate student (typically a PhD student; possibly other postgraduate courses that have a very strong research component)
- Only the UACES Scholarship:
- From a BAME background AND/OR
- Is enrolled at a university outside of Europe and North America AND/OR
- Is studying for a PhD in a discipline not traditionally associated with UACES (e.g. anthropology, cultural studies, philosophy etc)
How to Apply: Before start applying for the award program, applicants need to be a Student Member of UACES (based in any country) in order to apply for a UACES scholarship. You can become a UACES member here.
Documents: Successful applicants will be required to submit a final report and to provide evidence that their fieldwork has taken place.
Requirements: To participate, the applicant must be a a UACES Student member
Language: Before submitting your application, check out the English language qualification that accepts by the university.
For 2020, UACES is offering four UACES Scholarship and two UACES-JCMT Awards of 1,500 GBP each.
- The award is for to pay:
- Travel to and from your research destination,
- Accommodation at your destination,
- The food at your destination,
- Local transport at your destination
Award funds must be used for fieldwork that occurs between 1 February 2020 and 31 July 2020, but ensure that trips will not be outside these dates otherwise visits will not be considered.
Application Deadline: Friday 11 October 2019
For detailed information on the scholarship please visit the scholarship webpage