What is FG Bilateral Educational Agreement all about
The Federal Scholarship Board under the Federal Ministry of Education of Nigeria offers Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards and Nigerian scholarship awards yearly for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to study abroad.
This Federal government scholarship is under the following field of study
- A. Undergraduate level
- Engineering Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology,
- Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.; and
- B. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD)
- Available in all fields.
Brief description of FG Bilateral Educational Agreement
- Sponsor: Federal Government of Nigeria
- Funding: Fully Funded
- Host Country: Listed Above
- Nationality: Nigerians
- Level: BSc, MSc and PhD
Read also Scholarships at Harvard university
For Undergraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2017 & 2018).
- Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
For Postgraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
Below are the countries candidates can apply under;
i) Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Ukraine, Japan, and
ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
Must have documents for FG Bilateral Educational Agreement
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport,;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government Hospitals; and
- Police clearance certificate where.
Federal government scholarship awards at Nigerian tertiary institutions
The Eligibility for Nigerian awards
- Applicants for Postgraduate studies should possess a minimum of first degree with Second Class Honours Upper Division.
- Applicant must be registered Full-Time students of Federalor State Universities.
- All other applicants (UG, HND & NCE) must be registered full-time students in their second year or above in Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnics and Colleges of Education.
- All undergraduate Scholarship applicants (Physically challenged inclusive) must have at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a 7 point scale.
- The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and takes effect from the beginning of the academic session.
- It shall not be held at the same time with another Award nor for part-time studies.
- Change of course or Institution is not allowed.
- The Scholarship award is to assist the scholar in the payment of:
- Institutional charges and fees and
- For Personal maintenance.
Available courses for federal government scholarship
- Science and Technology
- Medicine and Para-medicals
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- Entrepreneural Studies,
- Environmental Sciences
Application forms are to be completed online as follows:
- Complete form online
- Submit and Print a copy
- Attach Photocopy of the following documents to the Printed Copy
- Letter of Admission to the Institution
- Current Course Registration Form
- CGPA results of year 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Current School’s Identity Card
- Letter of Identification from your State/Local Government
- Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly signed by you.
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- Japan applicants must have a solid background in further mathematics;
- The required certificate for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE/WAEC, and no other certificate is accepted;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference, and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which will hopefully be opened between October and November 2019,
- Complete the application form online,
- Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to 2.0 above;
- All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
- All Applicants to upload their certificates online;
- The duration for Serbian undergraduate scholarship is Eight (8) years general courses and Nine (9) years for Medicine and postgraduate studies, 3-4years for MSC and 5-6years for PhD.