The 2021 Chevening Scholarship application is now open for international students who are in need of support to futher their education. The Chevening Scholarships allow outstanding emerging leaders from around the world to obtain a one-year master’s degree in the United Kingdom.
While there is no “typical” Chevening Scholar, the sponsors of Chevening scholarship are looking for the kind of people who have the passion, ideas and influence to provide the solutions and leadership necessary to create a better future.
As a fully funded scholarship, costs such as flight, accommodation and course fees are included which enables winners to focus on achieving thier professional goals and maximizing their life experience.
He or she will live and study in the United Kingdom for a year, during which time he will develop professionally and academically, interact widely, experience the culture of the United Kingdom and build lasting positive relationships with the United Kingdom.
Upon completing your studies, you will leave the United Kingdom equipped with the knowledge and networks necessary to realize your own ideas.
You can also apply for
Brief description of Chevening Scholarship
- University: UK universities
- Country: United kingdom
- Level: Undergraduates and post graduates
- Award: Fully funded
- Nationality: International students scholarship in UK
Chevening scholarship Eligibility
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country or territory eligible for Chevening.
- Return to their country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after their concession ends.
- Having completed all the components of a university degree that will allow them to enter a postgraduate program at a university in the United Kingdom when they apply. This is usually equivalent to a 2: 1 second-class honors degree in the United Kingdom.
- Have at least two years of work experience.
- Apply for three eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer of one of these options before July 16, 2021
- Comply with the requirements of the Chevening English language before July 16, 2021.
Applicants are not eligible for a Chevening scholarship if:
- Have dual British or British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or have BN (O) and submit your application from Hong Kong).
- Have refugee status in an ineligible Chevening country. Applicants who are citizens of a country eligible for Chevening and who have refugee status in a country eligible for Chevening are eligible for a scholarship.
- Is an employee, a former employee or relative * of an employee (since July 2018) of His Majesty’s Government (including British embassies / high commissions; Department of International Development; Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy; Department of International Trade Affairs; the Ministry of Defense; and the Ministry of Interior), or a staff member of the Commonwealth University Association.
- Employees, former employees or relatives * of an employee (since July 2018) of Chevening Partner organizations are eligible to submit an application, but cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organization from which they work, worked previously or are affiliated through relatives.
- Having previously studied in the United Kingdom with funds from a grant funded by the United Kingdom government.
Chevening Scholarship is fully funded by the United Kingdom Government, however, it will provide the following financial coverage to academics:
- Full University Enrollment
- A monthly stipend will be provided for candidate extensions
- Travel tickets
- Arrival Subsidy
- Return Departure Permit
- Visa application cost
- Traveling scholarships to attend Chevening events in the United Kingdom