As a graduate in Nigeria with the desire to get a well paid job, there are some short professional courses in Nigeria that will help you out and most of these courses are taken online. So it is important that you do any of them.
When we talkof professional courses, we mean those educational programs that are thought by professional bodies that enables their candidate to acquire more needed skills in that field.
Reasons to have a professional certification in Nigeria
It is very important to have a certificate of a professional body especially in Nigeria because this helps to upgrade your resume. Many employers of Labour belief that most fresh graduates in Nigeria don’t have the needed training to work on their own.
Therefore, to be accepted by many indigenous and multinational companies, taken a short professional courses in Nigeria that is related to yoir course of study will have a good effect on landing you to that your dream job.
This article contains both online and offline professional courses in Nigeria. In this article, you will not just know the short certificate courses in Nigeria, but also learn what each of these courses entails.
Certificate and knowledge from Professional short courses are one of the best ways to land a good job. Short courses are a great way to acquire new skills or refresh your existing skills.
These skills on your CV gives you a better position to land that dream job.
Requirements of professional courses
As you know, Short courses are an excellent way to learn new skills or improve your existing skills, e.g. managerial, technical or computer skills into new areas of interest.
The course material is designed to incorporate the theory behind the skill and the reasons why you need it. Classes are presented in such a way that students can easily understand the content.
Some short courses in Nigeria may require you to take exams, attend various courses or assign assignments to meet the requirements. It is up to you to succeed, but the benefits are worth it.
In general, there are divisions of professional courses. We have
- Management professional training courses
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Management
- Project Management Professionals (PMP)
- Institute of Management Technology Certification
- Human Resources Management Certification (HR)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
- Professional courses for Engineers
- Professional Certificate in Mobile App Development with Swift (Curtin University)
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Fundamentals of Road
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Structural Design for Non Structural Engineers
- Professional Certificate in Model-Based Systems Engineering – MBSE (IsraelX)
- Professional Program Certificate in Electric Cars (TU Delft)
- Short Professional courses for lawyers in Nigeria
- Centre for Law and Business (CLB)
- Center for Regulation and Business Certificate
- Contract and legal drafting and negotiation skills
- Administrative Short Professional Courses in Nigeria
- Chartered Institute of Marketing of Nigeria certification (CIM)
- Certified Pension Institute of Nigeria certification (CPIN)
- Nigeria Institute of Real Estate Surveyors and Values
- Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Association of general and private medical practitioners of Nigeria certification (AGPMPN)
- Oil and Gasoline Educated Trained Services Limited
- Financial Risk Management
- Certified Cost Engineering Consultants
Now let us go into details what this short professional courses in Nigeria (ranging from 3 months, 6 months to 1 year).
Top Professional Courses in Nigeria
1. Chartered Institute of Personnel Management
This institution gives certificates to graduate that enrolled in their professional personnel management training programs consequently adding value to certified and organizing staff supervisors. ND, HND/BSC holders are eligible to apply for this professional course.
2. Project Management Professionals (PMP)
This is another professional course that can be taken by anybody regardless of your field or course of study.
When you enroll for this course and thought by professionals, you will stand a chance to be guaranteed as a project management professional.
Typically takes as long as a six (6) months or more before one is done with this course and receive his/her certification.
3. Institute of Management Technology Certification:
This institution award certificate in management to qualified persons, mostly graduates who participate in their short term management courses.
This course does not really matter your field of study as a graduate, as soon as you have the minimum requirement to go for this. ND, HND, and B.Sc are all qualified to participate in any of their management courses thereby increasing your employment chances.
4. Human Resources Management Course
The human resources management course is designed to give the student basic information on the prerequisite for better office and work practice.
What you will be prepared on incorporate things that are related to reality.
It is a major necessity for you to acquire this whether you are a graduate or SSCE holder regardless of your field of study or your intending field of study.
5. Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
This association affords opportunity to individuals who have effectively taken a crack at their professional personnel management programs, increasing their knowledge in personal management, boosting their CV and enhancing their employability.
This institution was founded in 1968. It was first called the Association for specialists personnel management (ASPM) then later renamed as Chartered institute of personnel management (CIPM).
6. Professional Certificate in Mobile App Development with Swift (Curtin University)
In this Professional Certificate program you will learn the tools, techniques and concepts needed to build a basic iOS app, from scratch.
7. Professional Certificate of Competency in Fundamentals of Road Construction
This course will provide you the knowledge and skills in the disciplines of road construction to facilitate a faster learning curve in relevant industry positions.
8. Professional Certificate of Competency in Structural Design for Non Structural Engineers
Participants in this course will gain a basic knowledge of structural engineering that includes the principles of analysis of structures and their application, the behaviour
9. Professional Certificate in Model-Based Systems Engineering – MBSE
The program teaches MBSE with Object-Process Methodology – OPM ISO 19450 to develop systems thinking of engineers and other professionals.
10. Professional Program Certificate in Electric Cars
Obtain a comprehensive understanding of electric mobility to lead projects and initiatives to success.
If you need more information on this online professional courses in Nigeria visit academiccourses
Other professional courses in Nigeria
11. Center for Law and Business Certification
The center for law and business certification prepares people to become business managers, business layers, and business leaders.
Before one is issued this certificate, he/she must have gone through the short-term certification program which demonstrates that the person has achieved practical experience in a business context, business law competency, and a mastery of business thinking.
12. Center for Regulation and Business Certificate
The centre of the law and the corporate certificate allow people to become business leaders, industry strata and business leaders.
Before issuing the certification, it must have been present in the entire application for short-term certification, which shows that the person has real experience in business administration, commercial law and expertise in the business.
If you want to be successful in practising law, you have to take this course because it is one of the best short training courses for Lawyers in Nigeria
13. Contract and legal drafting and negotiation skills
This online professional course in Nigeria for lawyers will teach its students
How to draft, analyse and review different contract agreements
The appropriate way of drafting specific clauses in commercial contracts amd its important
Identify common contract drafting errors.
Improve writing and drafting skills as a lawyer
14. Chartered Institute of Marketing of Nigeria Certification (CIM)
This is a professional marketing body for marketers and practitioners in related fields such as marketing and mass communication experts, general managers, chief executive officers, sales and marketing directors, customer service managers, relationship directors, media planners, channel developers, creative directors, value builders and brand builders, etc.
By getting certified by this professional body, it will be an added advantage to you and also acquiring this professional certificate irrespective of your field as soon as you have the minimum requirement will be a boost to your CV.
15. Certified Pension Institute of Nigeria Certification (CPIN)
The pension institute of Nigeria is a National institute is one of the professional courses in Nigeria that is answerable for preparing and retraining of professionals in the field of pension here in Nigeria.
You are afforded the possibility of increasing your knowledge in the field of pension.
Regardless of your field you can take a crack at their certification program and get certified by this body and subsequently boosting your CV in the long run
17. Nigeria Institute of Real Estate Surveyors and Values
The association was established by competent surveyors capable of conducting surveys in general and trained clinics in the United Kingdom in 1969.
In 1975, the organization gained the fame of the government and since then it has trained and certified several topographers and values.
As a graduate, you can participate in your own short-term program and obtain certification, which increases your employment prospects.
18. Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN)
One can turn into a professional accountant by liaising with the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria ICAN.
Numerous financial Institutions lean towards utilizing candidate with ICAN certification than those with just BSc or HND.
As a graduate it will be essential for you to partake in this course as it will especially boost your CV, amongst other benefits.
19. Association of General and Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria Certification (AGPMPN)
This is an umbrella association for every Medical expert. Established in 1921, the association of general and private medical practitioners of Nigeria including dental and every single medical field either as proprietors or workers.
You can move above and beyond in your medical profession by obtaining the AGPMPN endorsement, basically the sky will be your starting point.
20. Oil and Gasoline Educated Trained Services Limited
This is a native oil and gas association that provides quality training to those who are considering entering the industry and one of the top professional courses in Nigeria.
You can get higher education and also be certified by this human body by participating in their training programs, thus offering better employment prospects.
21. Certified Cost Engineering Consultants:
This is an organization that is serving the profession around the world. The AACE certification is a great mark of distinction in the cost engineering field.
People with HND & B.Sc can take this advantage and boost their CV by partaking in their short training courses and get certified thereby making them have an edge over people with the same qualification.
22. Health Safety Environment
This is one of the best professional courses in Nigeria for engineering graduates. Safety they say is number one before anything. Mostly recommended for engineering and environmental graduates and undergraduates, there is no firm now in the world that does not require a safety certificate.
So why not take this professional course now and demarcate yourself from others in your field.