Inland Empire Scholarship Fund (IESF) is provided for low-income, high-achieving Latino students from San Bernardino and Riverside Counties in California. To qualify, applicants must be graduating high school seniors, undergraduate students, or graduate students currently enrolled full-time at a college or university.
Scholarships will be awarded based on financial need, academic achievement, and community service. US citizenship is not required. Same as the $2,222 No Essay You Deserve it scholarship
About Inland Empire Scholarship Fund.
The Inland Empire Scholarship Fund (IESF), Since inception in 1998, has awarded scholarships to hundreds of low-income, high achieving Latino students from Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
This massive height reached by inland Empire scholarship fund must be as the result of a focused vision and tireless year-round volunteer effort put forth by Dr. Manuela Granado Sosa, a retired dentist, and Espartago (Randy) Sosa, a retired engineer.
The backgrounds of IESF students are as varied as the demographics of the Inland Empire. The common thread that has united all IESF recipients is that they have drive, determination, and a passion to excel, pursue a college education, and give back to their communities.
Furthermore, both Manuela and Randy share a similar background with many IESF recipients. Both were low-income and first-generation high school and college graduates. They understand first-hand the needs and challenges of Latino students wishing to achieve the goal of a college education.
Also, Randy and Manuela worked in the fields alongside their respective families until high school. Although Randy and Manuela had the loving support and encouragement of their parents to continue their education, their families did not have the financial means to help with college expenses.
Once they became established in their professions, the Sosas were motivated by their personal experiences to help students who lacked the financial resources and guidance to attend college.
In 1998, they established the Inland Empire Scholarship Fund, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, to support low-income, high achieving Latino students from Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
Brief description of Inlaid Empire Scholarship fund
- Country: California
- Level: College junior, College sophomore, College senior, Doctoral level study, Master’s level study, High school senior, College freshman
- Grade: 2.7
- Nationality: Hispanic – Latino
- Amount: $1,200 – $1,500
- No of award: 2
You can also apply for the Nitro Scholarship for US citizens
The criteria and selection process for recipients of this fund will be as follows:
- Must demonstrate a financial need
- Must be an incoming freshman with a High School GPA of 3.0 or higher, or a transfer or continuing student with a current GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must be a permanent resident of Riverside or San Bernardino County, but exclude residents east of Banning
- Preference to be fluent in Spanish
- Must demonstrate an interest to work in the Inland Empire and use their skills and resources to give back to helping their community (scholarship recipients are encouraged to volunteer as tutors, act as mentors, and work alongside medical personnel at community healthcare clinics during college)
- A scholarship selection committee shall be established and include at a minimum the following representatives:
- Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs or Designee
- Financial Aid representative
- One community representative from Riverside County
- One community representative from San Bernardino County
- Dr. Manuela Sosa or Mr. Randy Sosa may sit on the scholarship committee, if available, in an advisory capacity only.
Inland empire scholarship Fund Application deadline: 2nd February annually
To apply for inland Empire scholarship fund use the link below