CHET is happy to commence the application for its annual scholarship program which is the CHET Advance Scholarship Program. Chet Scholarship is a high school senior and freshmen who are U.S citizens.
If this meets you right, taken advantage of this opportunity and apply for the Chet scholarship 2020. the scholarship is worth between $500 to $2,500. Waste no time in sending in your applications and also recommend for a friend and family.
About CHET Advance Scholarship Program
The CHET Advance Scholarship is an annual program offered by the State Treasurer’s Office to help Connecticut students pay for college. The scholarship is available to a high school senior and higher school freshmen.
The purpose of the CHET Advance Scholarship Program is to support students and their families to save for college expenses and to help facilitate the financial burdens faced by prospective college students. This academic year, CHET Advance will award 200 scholarships around $500,000 in amounts throughout the fall of 2019.
Even the Connecticut Higher Education Trust (CHET) is a state-sponsored, tax-advantaged 529 college savings plan that is helping individuals and families plan for the cost of higher education. It’s offered to any citizen or taxpayer.
CHET Advance Scholarship is a program offered by the Connecticut State Treasurer’s Office to help students pay for college. This academic year, CHET Advance will award up to $500,000 in scholarships to Connecticut high school freshmen and seniors during the Fall of 2015.
Up to 200 scholarships will be awarded. For seniors, the scholarship award will be $2,500. For freshmen, $2,000 will be set aside initially, and each student has the opportunity to receive an additional $500 match for a total award of $2,500.
To qualify for the match, the student’s family must contribute $500 to their own CHET 529 college savings account for the winning student, by the time the student graduates from high school.
A) Up to 100 scholarships will be awarded to high school SENIORS
B) Up to 100 scholarships will be awarded to high school FRESHMEN
C) To ensure there are winners across the state, no more than 40 winners from each of Connecticut’s five Congressional Districts will be drawn. Winners will be selected after October 6, 2015 and notified via email.
Brief description of CHET Advance Scholarships
- University: USA Universities
- Host country: USA
- Award: $2,500
- No of Award: Over 200
- Level: High Schools senior
- Nationality: International students
Applicants must be a freshman or senior attending high school and qualify under one of the following two categories:
A high school located in Connecticut, including a public, private, or parochial high school, other than a Review or Turnaround school (as listed on www.chetadvance.com).
Also includes home-schooled students in Connecticut and students that attend a high school located outside of Connecticut when either the student, or at least one of the student’s parents or guardian, reside in Connecticut.
A high school designated by the Connecticut Department of Education as a Review or Turnaround high school as of August 2015. Senior applicants must have a grade point average of 2.0 or above.
No grade point average criteria for freshmen applicants. Applicants must intend to enroll as a student in an accredited college or university no later than September 30, 2017 for senior applicants, and September 30, 2020 for freshmen applicants.
The Chet scholarship is open to a high school senior and higher school freshmen. You can browse through this High School Scholarships.
The CHET Advance Scholarship Program is open to only U.S citizens.
There are other Scholarships opportunities in the United States and other parts of the world for international Students you can apply for, visit the Scholarship category for more information
CHET Advance Scholarships Amount
The 2020-2021 CHET Advance Scholarship will provide up to 200 college scholarships to high school seniors and freshman as follows:
• Seniors: Up to 100 $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to students who are high school seniors during the 2020-2021 school year, and who plan to enter college no later than the Fall of 2020. Winning seniors will be chosen on a random basis.
• Freshman: Up to 100 $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who are high school freshman during the 2020-2021 school year. Each winner has the opportunity to receive an additional $500 match if they save $500 in an individual CHET account by May 30th of their senior year of high school.
Eligibility For The Chet scholarship 2020
You can also apply for La Unidad Latina Foundation(LULF) Scholarship
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
1. High School Senior Applicants:
• Must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0, and must be enrolled in a Category 1 or Category 2 school. The student will be required to supply a transcript verifying grade point average and school enrollment.
• Must confirm the intention to attend college or other post-secondary educational institutions. The application form will ask for confirmation that the applicant intends to attend college beginning no later than September 30, (student can defer college for one year post-high-school graduation).
2. High School Freshman Applicants:
• Must be enrolled in a Category 1 or Category 2 school (no minimum grade point average is required for freshman applicants).
• Must confirm the intention to attend college or other post-secondary educational institutions. The application form will ask for confirmation that the applicant intends to attend college beginning no later than September 30, 2021 (student can defer college for one year post-high-school graduation).
3. Must be at least thirteen (13) years of age
CHET Advance Scholarship Application Procedure
The candidates can apply for CHET Advance Scholarship program by following the given instruction:
• Candidates must login themselves through the given link: https://aim.applyists.net/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2f
• Complete the online form
• Upload the required information
• Submit your application
Students must complete and submit an application between 8:00 A.M. EDT on August, and 5:00 P.M. EDT on October Yearly.
Link for More Information:
For questions about the CHET Advance Scholarship application process, applicants can contact ISTS by clicking on the Live Chat tab within the online application or by calling 1-855-670-ISTS (4787) Monday through Friday from 9:30 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. EST or via email at contactus-at-applyists.com