This scholarship targets young Indonesian potentials with excellent profile to pursue their master’s degree in participating Dutch Higher Education Institutions (DHEIs) in courses that are related to the following fields:
- Water Management and Technology;
- Entrepreneurship, Sustainable and Circular Economy focusing on Fisheries and Marine;
- Fisheries and Maritime Sciences and Technology.
The scholarship applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Indonesian citizen, living in Indonesia, and willing to return to Indonesia upon graduation from the program;
- education background: S1/D4, minimal GPA: 3.0;
- unconditional Letter of Admission (LoA);
- TOEFL IBT ≥90 or IELTS ≥6.5, valid for 2 years from the date of test;
- study program in accordance with the Netherlands-Indonesia bilateral priority area. The annual tuition fee of the proposed study program should be € 20,000 at maximum;
- maximum 35 years old by 31 December 2021;
- not intended for joint-program, part-time study program, pre-master or distance learning;
- not currently pursuing or already obtained a master’s degree.
Apply for this scholarship
All applications will have to be submitted through LPDP E-Beasiswa online application system by 25 May 2021 at the latest.
Administrative and Document-based Assessment (1st round assessment)
In this part of the selection, all applications will be assessed based on pre-determined eligibility criteria and the quality of application, which includes excellence factors (academic and non-academic, English proficiency), other achievements and relevance of the applicant’s academic and professional background, with the priority areas.
Substantive Assessment (2nd round assessment)
In this process, several assessment instruments will be used to further explore potentials and strength of the applicant from various perspectives.
8 May 2021
Opening of application for DIKTI-LPDP-STUNED Joint Scholarship Programme
25 May 2021
Deadline for the submission of DIKTI-LPDP-STUNED Joint Scholarship Programme
25 May 2021 to 2 June 2021
Administrative selection and document-based assessment (1st round selection)
3 June 2021
Announcement of administrative selection and document-based assessment
16 to 19 June 2021
Substantive assessment (2nd round selection)
5 to 16 July 2021
22 July 2021
Final announcement of the result to selected applicants
These documents have to be submitted by the scholarship applicants through LPDP E-Beasiswa platform:
- scan of passport and KTP;
- academic transcript of previous education (bachelor’s degree);
- academic certificate or diploma of previous education (bachelor’s degree);
- English proficiency certificate (IELTS or TOEFL iBT);
- unconditional letter of admission from a Dutch Higher Education Institution;
- motivation statement;
- statement by employer.
In addition, the applicants may also submit the following documents:
- award certificates;
- other proofs of achievement.
Scholarship Coverages and Funding Scheme
DIKTI-LPDP will cover the following costs:
- economy international airline return ticket Indonesia (Jakarta)-Netherlands (Amsterdam) and an addition of domestic airline return ticket (city of domicile to international airport) for the awardees who live outside Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang, and Bekasi;
- settling-in allowance upon arrival in the Netherlands;
- awardees’ living allowances in the Netherlands;
- international Seminar participation (terms and condition applies);
- international Journal Publication (terms and condition applies);
- emergency Fund (terms and condition applies).
Nuffic Neso Indonesia through StuNed Scholarship Programme will cover the following costs:
- Dutch Language and Acculturation Course Fee;
- student visa costs;
- tuition fee for the whole scholarship period (up to € 20,000 per year);
- health insurance during the scholarship period;
- study material for the whole scholarship period (arranged and paid for by the Dutch Institution);
- thesis allowance, in accordance with terms and conditions stipulated in Rules and Regulations of StuNed Scholarship Program (arranged and paid for by the Dutch Institution).
Participating Dutch Institutions
Eight Dutch Institutions are participating as the destination universities for the cooperation programme.
1. Erasmus University Rotterdam
The MEL Programme will give an understanding of shipping, ports, terminal management, maritime logistics, supply chain management and shipping finance. Following extensive industry consultation, MEL has compiled a curriculum of 15 courses. The courses compose a holistic and tightly knitted, integrated, approach to the understanding and analysis of global maritime supply chains of production-transport-distribution, where ocean transportation and port and terminal management play a pivotal role.
2. IHE Delft Institute for Water Education
MSc Environmental Science
MSc Urban Water and Sanitation
MSc Water Management
MSc Water Science and Engineering
IHE Delft Institute for Water Education is the largest international graduate water education facility in the world. It is based in Delft, Netherlands. The Institute confers fully accredited MSc degrees, and PhD degrees in collaboration with partners in the Netherlands. The institute was formerly known as UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education.
3. International Institute of Social Studies, Erasmus University Rotterdam
In the MA in Development Studies, students learn to look at the socio-political and economic context in which projects and programmes in the field of Water Management & Technology and Entrepreneurship, Sustainable and Circular Economy focused on Fisheries and Marine take place.
4. University of Groningen
The two-year selective MSc in Marine Biology focuses on life in our seas and oceans. It is suitable for candidates interested in biological oceanography, conservation of marine mammals, coastal marine ecology or genomics.
This one-year programme focuses on environmental, water and infrastructure related challenges.
5. Wageningen University and Research
MSc Earth and Environment (esp the specialisation Hydrology and Water Resources)
6. Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies, Erasmus University Rotterdam (IHS)
MSc Urban Economic Development: Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Innovative and Entrepreneurial Cities in the Global Economy
MSc Land Management: Law, Finance, Real Estate and Natural Resources – Bridging Land, Water and Natural Resources
MSc Strategic Urban Planning & Policies -Managing Socio-Spatial Dynamics for Sustainable Cities
MSc Infrastructure and Green Cities – Managing Sustainable Water, Transport, Energy, Waste and Drainage Services
7. University of Twente
MSc Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (with Specialization on: Water Resources and Environmental Management)
8. Radboud University
Water & Environment
This specialisation is connected to the Institute for Water and Wetland Research (IWWR), a leading institute in research to wetland ecosystems and stress biology. Radboud University has tight relationships with environmental authorities (PBL, RIVM), waterboards, and NGO’s (e.g. Natuurplaza).
Spatial Planning- Cities, Water and Climate Change
Student will develop governance strategies for climate proofing cities and for reducing urban carbon emissions. Also, student will develop strategies for flood risk management in delta areas.
Science, Management & Innovation
A unique, two-year programme in which you first advance your knowledge in your scientific field and then apply it to a societally relevant business or policy question; combining a widely recognised and highly regarded science disciplinary background with specialising in a societal science theme: Climate & Energy or Health.
This specialisation is closely connected to the Institute for Water and Wetland Research (IWWR), a leading institute in wet ecosystems and stress biology research